Tour leader: Michela Giorgi
Started in 1469 in late Gothic style, probably based on a design of Marino di Marco Cedrino, the Basilica was completed in 1587 with its facade in late renaissance style. The main attraction, among the chapels magnificent paintings and mosaics , is the “Holy House”. An ancient tradition tells that the walls of the Shrine existed in Nazareth, Galilea: the Holy House is the same House where Our Lady Mary was born, grew up and received the angelic announcement. Inside the "Holy House" the image of Our Lady, the "Black Madonna", is venerated and has the typical colour of old icons due to centuries of smoke from oil lamps and candles. A specialized German-speaking tour guide will accompany the group throughout the visit.